Saturday, May 21, 2011

Not Your Mama's Pearls

Pearls always make me think of Jackie Kennedy and my precious grandmother.  You wore pearls to church on Sunday morning or a dressy affair.  Not anymore..... I am more of a casual girl.  Give me a pair of bluejeans, a cute shirt and a great pair of wedge sandals and I am a happy girl.  I love how the dos and don'ts of fashion that I grew up with are a thing of the past.  White is no longer allowed only during Memorial Day and Labor Day.  Jeans are no longer worn with just a tee shirt or sweatshirt.  A great pair of jeans can be dressed up with a great jacket and a tank and yes.....pearls.

And have you noticed...no longer are pearls just round.  I love the look of pearls with turquoise, pearls and silver, pearls with pink.........

No comments:

Post a Comment